You will love working here
Harmonic Drive LLC is currently growing!!! We strive to hire only the best and brightest. Having the best talent means rewarding our employees with the best benefit plans. We offer 100% paid medical, dental, short-term, and long-term disability, as well as a well-funded 401k plan.
Current Open Positions
Harmonic Drive LLC is currently seeking to add qualified personnel for the following positions:
Sr. Mechatronics Engineer
Responsible for all aspects of mechatronics engineering for custom and next generation actuator designs, including gear system, motor and sensor design specifications, as well as verification of actuator performance with a variety of amplifiers and controllers. Must be a hands-on contributor to product development, including project management.
- Electro-mechanical design, development and documentation for systems of varied complexity from concept through production. Designs integrating industrial electro-mechanical system components, including motors, gears, bearings, sensors, actuators, servo drives and data acquisition electronics.
- Develop products, designs and processes that are efficient and deliver quality products.
- Develop and document test equipment for electro-mechanical assemblies. Analysis, design, and testing at the component and systems level.
- Work closely with the VP of Mechatronics Engineering on plans, goals, designs, and future innovations.
- Set objects for development projects, including project schedules and deadlines.
- Interact with customers to gain an understanding of the product requirements. Defines scope, plans, and deliverables for assigned work.
- Follow and make recommendations to improve upon Harmonic Drive’s development processes and procedures.
- Technical leadership skills for a small engineering group.
- Work to define and document production test requirements and methodologies.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- BS degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related discipline. Master’s degree strongly preferred.
- 10 years of engineering experience with industrial product design and development, 4+ years of experience in a managerial role.
- Required knowledge of 3D CAD. SolidWorks strongly preferred.
- Experience writing technical specifications and project proposals.
- Experience with Automation, Robotics, and PC-based software controls.
- Servo design, development and troubleshooting experience of motion control systems. Experience with Copley Controls and Rockwell Kinetix is a plus.
- Experience successfully managing projects with small teams of engineers.
- Excellent organization, problem solving and time management skills.
- Networking experience including – EtherCAT, DeviceNet and CANopen a plus.
- Experience with software tools, Simulink and MATLAB, to model system behavior a plus.
- Experience with test automation tools, such as LabVIEW is a plus.
- Aerospace or medical equipment design experience a plus.
CHARACTER AND INTERPERSONAL
- Strong, results-driven and self-directed individual with personal commitment to excellence.
- Promotes a creative and innovative work environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and strong people skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, have excellent attention to detail.
- Travel domestically and internationally, when required, up to 10% of the time.
- Willingness to work beyond core business hours, as needed, to meet project deadlines.
Vice President, Engineering
This position reports to the CEO/President. Candidates must possess a strong understanding of electromechanical motion products with a find attention to detail. Hands-on Prototype development and assembly capabilities are required. The ability to develop test programs for new or existing products is required. Understanding of the dynamics of motion and a fundamental knowledge of precision Power Transmission components will also be expected. The candidate will have the ability to develop new and unique products by working directly with customers, management, or sales engineers. Must also have the ability to guide others in the development and test of product.
- Oversee and/or create accurate design proposals for new and modified products through life cycle using strong management and math skills.
- Oversee the creation of clear and accurate documentation for manufacturing, including detail and assembly drawings. Insure drawings are to ANSI standards.
- Oversee and/or create test fixtures and test protocols to insure customer requirements are met while insuring manufacturability and cost controls.
- Design assembly test and fixtures and coordinate with sales and manufacturing to insure customer requirements are met.
- Oversee prototype and first time manufacture of their designs to insure customer satisfaction.
- Work with purchasing and manufacturing to source vendors for outside purchase of components.
- Assist customers and vendors to resolve questions and problems with designs and drawings.
- Coordinate with inside and outside sales to insure customer satisfaction and accuracy of documentation.
- Work with assembly and manufacturing to trouble shoot and resolve design and manufacturing issues and police documentation changes.
- Travel, as required, to support business goals and technical sales force.
KNOWLEDGE/ SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- BS required, MS preferred
- Strong mechanical experience in an engineering or manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrated mechanical design creativity and pragmatic, problem solving skills, with a willingness to take ownership of a project with demonstrated project managements skills.
- Sound understanding of the technology of gears and motion mechanisms.
- CAD and design experience
- Sound knowledge of GD&T and ANSI standards.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience and knowledge of mechanical power transmission and motion control components.
- Understanding of machine shop practices.
- Hands-on experience in the design, development, and assembly of complex prototype designs.
- Ability to multi-task in an accurate, timely, and organized fashion.
- Ability to conduct structured and in-depth failure analysis and to present detailed and professional reports.
- BSME degree required
- 10+ years hands-on management experience
- Experience in change management
Interested in one of our open positions? Come in and fill out an application at: HARMONIC DRIVE LLC, 247 Lynnfield St., Peabody, MA 01960, or send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Harmonic Drive LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Harmonic Drive LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.