Please see our message to our customers and partners for more information on COVID-19:
March 23, 2020
Message to Our Customers Regarding COVID-19: UPDATE #1
Today, Massachusetts Governor Charlie Baker issued an emergency order that requires the closure of all nonessential businesses in the state starting Tuesday, March 24 at noon through at least April 7 to help slow the spread of the novel coronavirus.
The order does not apply to organizations or businesses identified as providing Essential Services.
Harmonic Drive LLC supports the supply chain of Essential Service and will remain operational.
Below is an excerpt of COVID-19 Essential Services to which Harmonic Drive contributes:
HEALTHCARE / PUBLIC HEALTH / HUMAN SERVICES
- Manufacturers, technicians, logistics and warehouse operators, and distributors of or necessary to the supply chain of medical equipment, personal protective equipment (PPE), medical gases, pharmaceuticals, blood and blood products, vaccines, testing materials, laboratory supplies, cleaning, sanitizing, disinfecting or sterilization supplies, and tissue and paper towel products
DEFENSE INDUSTRIAL BASE
- Workers who support the essential services required to meet national security commitments to the federal government and U.S. Military. These individuals, include but are not limited to, aerospace; mechanical and software engineers, manufacturing/production workers; IT support; security staff; security personnel; intelligence support, aircraft and weapon system mechanics and maintainers
- Personnel working for companies, and their subcontractors, who perform under contract to the Department of Defense providing materials and services to the Department of Defense, and government-owned/contractor-operated and government-owned/government-operated facilities
Harmonic Drive remains committed to the health and safety of its employees while sustaining production and supply of products to our valued customers.
The following is an overview of the current status within our company's operations including some of the proactive measures being implemented:
- Domestic Production: Our manufacturing operation continues to produce products without disruption and is shipping on a timely basis. At present, there are no plans to reduce production levels.
- Supply Chain: There have not been any interruptions or delays in our supply chain, nor are we aware of any significant supply chain risks.
- Overseas Production: Harmonic Drive group companies in Japan and Germany, although facing similar challenges related to COVID-19, are maintaining their production and shipment schedules.
- Personnel: There have been both policy adjustments and regular communication with our employees to best assure their well-being. Many of our employees who are not involved with production are now working remotely. Our facilities are being disinfected on a regular schedule.
- Travel: Travel has been suspended.
- Communication: We have deployed software tools within our company to maintain and enhance communication internally and with remote staff members.
We will update this message should any changes occur that impact our operation.
Please feel free to contact us if your company has any special considerations or concerns.
We wish that all of our customers, associates and their families remain healthy through this difficult and challenging period.
Harmonic Drive LLC
March 23, 2020