You will love working here
Harmonic Drive LLC is currently growing! We strive to hire only the best and brightest. Having the best talent means rewarding our employees with the best benefit plans. We offer 100% paid medical, dental, short-term, and long-term disability, as well as a well-funded 401k plan.
Current Open Positions
Harmonic Drive LLC is currently seeking to add qualified personnel for the following positions:
Regional Sales Engineer
The Regional Sales Engineer works within an assigned territory and is the primary person responsible for customer support and relationships. The Regional Sales Engineer works on new business development with both existing and potential new customers by identifying customer needs and offering optimal ways of utilizing either standard or customized company products to best support the technical requirements.
- Establishes new business and maintains existing relationships.
- Provides technical assistance and application guidance to engineering personnel at customer sites and prospective customer sites.
- Interacts through various forms of communication including frequent customer visits, emails, and phone calls.
- Prepares sales forecast twice per year.
- Delivers technical presentations and issues quotations with an understanding of underlying costs.
- Represents the customer voice and steps in as needed to ensure customer satisfaction (i.e. RMA's, deliveries, pricing, product warranties, etc.).
- Engages company resources, both within HDLLC and HDSI, as needed to resolve customer concerns or identified problems such as purchase order reviews, RMA's, or expediting customer delivery.
- Maintains records in company CRM (Customer Relationship Manager) for all accounts in territory and inputs information including: visit and communications, contacts and their information, opportunity tracking, technical details of equipment requirements, products used or being considered, competition activities, and customer feedback, etc.
- Maintains list of target accounts and has focused activity to generate business with them.
- Performs research and follow-up on leads generated from advertising, trade shows, web, etc.
- Participates in internal sales meetings, trade shows and conferences in working toward Sales department goals.
- Business development - As assigned by Sales Engineering Mgr., research & investigate opportunities for the company in a targeted market. Involves a national perspective, teamwork with the end objective of assisting the company to meet targeted growth.
- Knowledge about market segments.
- In depth understanding of products and suppliers in the motion control market.
- Knowledge of competitors’ strengths and weaknesses.
- Ability to learn Harmonic Drive’s products and applications.
- Working knowledge of ERP software, inventory access, items and categorization.
- Complete working knowledge of CRM including opportunities, activities, quotations, forecasting.
- Sales Skills, persuasion and tactfulness.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Customer Service.
This position is located in our San Jose, CA office.
Team involvement is essential; the position does not have direct reports.
This role operates in a professional office environment or in some cases out of a home office, involves frequent visits to customer sites. This role routinely uses standard office equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Visual acuity (corrected) to read directions and prints and to inspect machined parts closely to ensure that they meet specifications.
- Driving license and ability to travel regularly.
- Ability to carry sample cases and attend trade shows.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Travel is expected approximately 50% of the time with overnight travel subject to the individual’s territory. Some International travel may be required.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical or Electrical engineering.
- 3 to 5 years of engineering or field related experience with a preferred emphasis on motion control.
Interested in this position? Click here to send your resume or email it to email@example.com
Harmonic Drive LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Harmonic Drive LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Interested in one of our open positions? Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org